[Mexnog] Potentially blocking of Tor directory authorities by Mexican ISPs

Vasilis andz at torproject.org
Mon Jan 14 03:27:00 CST 2019

Dear Mexnog list,

Happy new year!

I'm researching on potential blocking of Tor directory authorities [1] in the
country of Mexico. The university of UNAM has published a website with further
explanation and details of this issue [2].

I looked into the RIPE Atlas measurements and I was hoping if there
are similar or related data or resources among ISPs and people in Mexico.
Furthermore do you know of any publicly accessible BGP route-servers, looking
glasses or measurements probes from networks in Mexico?

I hope you can help shed some light on how ISPs in Mexico (potentially) network
interfere with the Tor directory authorities.

Thank you!

[1] https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/src/app/config/auth_dirs.inc
[2] http://rutas.priv-anon.unam.mx/

Best regards,
~Vasilis
--
Fingerprint: 8FD5 CF5F 39FC 03EB B382 7470 5FBF 70B1 D126 0162
Pubkey: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5FBF70B1D1260162